SECTION A: GENERAL RULES
A1 Warranty Conditions
PIAGGIO warrants U.S. specification Piaggio motor scooters distributed by Piaggio USA are free from defects in materials and/or workmanship to the first retail purchaser and each subsequent purchaser.
This Limited New Vehicle Warranty begins on the date of first retail sale, or the date the Piaggio motor scooter is first placed in service as a demonstrator, whichever is earlier.
The term of this Limited Warranty is 12 months, without mileage restriction.
To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the Piaggio motor scooter must be brought, upon discover of a defect in material or workmanship, to an authorized Piaggio Dealer (“Dealer”) located within the United States of America or Canada, during normal business hours. The Dealer shall repair the warrantable defect, without charge for the parts or labor used to address the warrantable defect.
Parts for which replacements are made become property of Piaggio USA.
A2 Servicing Requirements
In order to keep this Limited Warranty in effect, the Piaggio motor scooter must be serviced by an authorized Dealer or equally qualified service facility, at the intervals, both in time and in mileage, indicated in the Scheduled Services Section in the Warranty Handbook and Workshop Manual.
All scheduled services are to be performed at owner’s expense.
A3 Exclusions from Coverage
• Damage which results from negligence, improper operation of the Piaggio motor scooter, wear and tear or deterioration due to driving habits or conditions, improper repair, environmental influences, flood, accident or fire damage, road corrosion, contaminated fuel or installation of non-PIAGGIO parts and accessories.
• Any Piaggio motor scooter utilized for rental purposes, commercial use, competitive exhibitions, performance tests, shows and other demonstrations.
• Use of improper gasoline grades, octane levels or gasoline additives.
• Unless authorized in writing by PIAGGIO USA, any Piaggio motor scooter that has been neglected, mistreated, modified in its construction, function or aesthetics.
• The Warranty does NOT cover the cost of transportation of the Piaggio motor scooter to or from the Dealer, or expenses incurred by owner when their Piaggio motor scooter is being repaired.
• Defects caused by the use of non-PIAGGIO spare parts or accessories.
• Altered or unreadable vehicle identification (VIN) or odometer irregularities or where the Piaggio motor scooter true mileage cannot be determined.
• The identification numbers on the chassis or engine which have been altered in any manner at all.
• The cost of normal servicing, including but not limited to the cost of items such as oil, oil filters, the topping off of fluids or lubricants, special fluids and various consumable materials unless the cost has been approved by PIAGGIO USA
• Any parts subject to wear and tear, such as friction linings (clutch and brake), drive belts, cables, fuses, bulbs, spark plugs, V-belts, tires, variator rollers, handlebar grips, floor mats, etc.
• Maintenance or repairs performed by other than Dealer.
The items listed above are NEVER covered by our Limited Warranty under normal driving conditions. However, the Limited Warranty may cover replacement of these parts in cases where the Dealer considers failure of such a component clearly premature and not the result of normal wear and tear or misuse.
Prior to commencing any warranty work, the Dealer must contact the Technical Service Department at PIAGGIO USA, to obtain authorization.
Authorization of any warranty work will be made on a case-by-case basis by PIAGGIO USA.
Claims for premature war and tear of components will be REJECTED unless accompanied by a valid authorization number.
Only causes of noise or vibration that are beyond reasonable limits and which affect the normal ride of the vehicle are included under this Limited Warranty.
A4 Items Excluded Under the Limited Warranty
The following parts are covered for 6 MONTHS only:
• Center stand
• Paint work
• Chrome plated parts
• Wheel rim paint
The liability of PIAGGIO USA under the twelve (12) month New Vehicle Limited Warranty is limited solely to the remedying of defects in materials and workmanship by an authorized Dealer at its place of business during normal business hours. This Limited Warranty does not cover inconvenience caused by loss of use of the owner’s Piaggio motor scooter or transportation of the Piaggio motor scooter to or from the Dealer.
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the vehicle identification number has been altered or cannot be read, if the odometer has been replaced or altered and the true mileage cannot be determined or if the Piaggio motor scooter has been declared a total loss or sold for salvage.
PIAGGIO USA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER EXPENSE, LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF, OR INABITLITY TO USE, THE PIAGGIO MOTOR SCOOTER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NO EXPRESS WARRANTY IS GIVEN BY PIAGGIO USE WITH RESPECT TO THE PIAGGIO MOTOR SCOOTER. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE TWELVE (12) MONTH WARRANTY TERM SET FORTH HEREIN. THE FOREGOING STATEMENTS OF WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WRRANTY CAN LAST; THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Two year factory extended warranty available. Please see your dealer for details.